YAYYYY IT’S FRIDAY.
If you can’t tell, I’m pretty excited that at 5PM today I will be saying duces to my work responsibilities and putting on the party hat. There is so much to look forward to this weekend I CAN’T EVEN HANDLE IT.
I started at a new CrossFit gym this week! It’s been tough level setting with myself getting back into these workouts. It’s surprising after taking 3 months off how much strength I need to build back up – especially pull-ups. More reasons to just STFU and go to the gym.
My one complaint about my new box is they don’t really have a locker room to get changed in if I’m coming from work. It’s not a big deal (honestly if that’s the worst thing, I think they’re doing a pretty stellar job. They had huge shoes to fill from CrossFit Center City!!). I can easily change at work – the only problem with this is I have to essentially avoid all eye contact as I swiftly try and exit the building in my leggings/shorts. Nothing says rising finance professional like showing off your donk in some bright mermaidesque leggings.
“OH HAI JANET. Yep I’m going to the gym. Yeah I’ll get you that estimate tomorrow morning. Oh thanks these leggings are from Athleta. KBAI” and then I immediately die inside.
That might or might not have happened this week. I’m awkward.
To celebrate my return to the ‘Fit (that’s what people say, right? maybe? probs not) I wanted to put together my Friday Favorites for my CF gym bag
- Garnier Micellar Water – As said numerous times, I’m a gem. A very precious, delicate and rare gem. So delicate that even products that are designed to clean my face will cause me to break out. On a whim I picked this up from Target and HOLY MOLY I am in lurrrrrrve. Not only does it get all of my lady face paint off with one swift wipe, but because it’s oil free and non comedogenic my skin isn’t freaking out at me. I like doing a quick wipe of my face after a workout to get all of the gym dirt and sweat out of my pores and this delivers without my face immediately turning into a giant beet or later resembling a large pepperoni pizza. Go get it.
- Nike Metcons – I thought shoes were really only something runners ever discussed, but apparently this also translates into the CrossFit world. Go figure. I love the Nike Metcon because they don’t make me feel like a complete jabroni – like most Nike shoes trendy and make me look like I meant to coordinate my outfit with my shoes before lifting heavy ish. According to the interwebs the new shoe is going to drop in the winter….just in time for the Open guys!
- Graphic Sweatshirts – I bought this sweatshirt from Old Navy because I NEEDED IT. Sure, it might solidify that I am one of the most basic betchez of all time but IDGAF. I’m embracing it forever and ever. This sweatshirt is perfect for those early weekend WODs.
- SFH Protein – broscience or not, I’m a huge fan of this post workout supplement after a heavy lifting day. It doesn’t taste super fake probably because it doesn’t have any of those super fake ingredients in it. I’ve been experimenting with a few protein powders over the past few months and this by far is my favorite. Even though it is whey, it surprisingly doesn’t make me a poot-a-toot-tooter-puss like everything else dairy.
- Blutooth wireless headphones – this is such a game changer. I no longer feel like I’m attached to an umbilical cord when I go on a run or lift some weights in the gym.
- Qalo Ring – now you can forever show your everlasting love to your spouse/partner in crime/gym BFF! After being married almost a month (!!!) I’ve gotten use to wearing my rings to the point where I feel naked when I’m not wearing them. I thought this would never happen because I have walked out of my house multiple times without wearing them. How far I have come! Naked I feel no more with this little guy! I’m kinda obsessed with the dusty rose color – perfect or SUPER perfect for Fall?
And there you go! I’m sure there will be more favorites along the way as I get back into the swing of things with this whole CrossFit thing. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and eat lots of great food!